Applications to graduate programs for the 2022-2023 Fall Semester will be made between 25 April 2022 and 24 June 2022 via ÖİBS (Student Affairs Information System). Please check METU Academic Calendar for any updates on dates and deadlines.
Students with any background are welcome to apply to the program. A common academic basis for incoming students is achieved via deficiency courses.
Requirements for your application to be considered:
- An undergraduate degree from a Turkish university or an equivalent university that the Council of Higher Education recognizes,
- Having a score of 75 from ALES or 713 from GRE Quantitative (156 in the new system),
- Having a minimum GPA of 2.5,
- Having a valid minimum score of 79 from TOEFL iBT, 550 from TOEFL PBT, 6.5 from IELTS, or 65 from METU English Proficiency Exam,
- At least two letters of recommendation,
- These should be submitted confidentially directly from the system.
- At least one academic letter of recommendation provided by a faculty member of your current or previous educational institution is expected.
- A one-page letter of intent in English
- You are expected to state your research interests, the research topic you would like to study, your previous experiences related to the data science domain (any volunteered projects, certifications, competitions etc.).
- A resume including your previous job and project experiences, internships, scholarships etc (optional).
Your application will be invalid if you do not satisfy the above requirements.
The candidates are shortlisted based on their ALES (or equivalent) scores (50%) and undergraduate scores (50%). The shortlisted candidates are invited to the interviews. After the interview, the final admission decisions are made based on ALES scores, CGPA and a holistic evaluation of the candidate’s match to the department.
For more details regarding the application requirements for Graduate School of Informatics programs, please also refer to http://ii.metu.edu.tr/application-requirements.
The admissions are made inline with Middle East Technical University Rules and Regulations Governing Graduate Studies, which states the following article:
(12) For admission to a graduate program, the weight of the ALES or equivalent exam score (provided that it is weighted at no less than 50% in the final mark) as well as the weights of such requirements as the scientific evaluation, EPE or equivalent international exam score, GPA (undergraduate and/or graduate), the letter of reference, and the letter of intent are determined by the concerned GSD.
Contact Information about Application